It is always a worry when letting a new contractor into your home if they will do a good job and whether you can trust them with your property. That’s why it’s important to thoroughly investigate plumber kl before agreeing for anyone to start work.
There are several ways you can discern whether a plumber is a true professional, or whether they will scam you and leave you with an even bigger bill from calling someone else in to fix their bad job.
Here is how you can find out if a plumber is a trusted contractor before hiring them.
- Before calling any companies, find out from friends, relatives and neighbors if they have any recommendations on plumbers to hire. Knowing that someone you know and trust has had a good experience with a plumber will put your mind at ease. It’s likely that the plumber will do the same great job for you that they did for your friend.
- Another route is to ask for recommendations online. Facebook groups in your local area are a good way to do this; or on local forums.
- Look at reviews for plumbing companies online. If they are resoundingly negative, do not use that company. If the reviews seem fake, also be wary. Some companies put up false positive reviews for themselves; while some rival companies can sometimes put up negative reviews of other companies to make their competition look bad.
- Make a list of 3-4 plumbing companies to call up and contact them asking for a quote. If their quote is very cheap or very expensive, look elsewhere. A decent plumber will charge a fair amount and not rip you off. Go for a person who has a good demeanor, is willing to answer all your questions, and seems helpful and cheery.
- Next, check if the contractor has certificates and licenses that certify their right to work as a plumber and means they have undergone all the right training. In Singapore, you should check that your plumber is PUB-licensed, which is an accreditation from Singapore’s national water agency. The plumber should be able to produce documents to prove this license.
- Ask for specific pricing before any work begins. If the plumber is vague and evasive about how much the job will cost, be very skeptical. Experienced plumbers know exactly what the cost of materials are and should be able to tell you their exact hourly labor cost.
- A professional plumber will always provide a contract detailing the cost of the work that you will both sign to avoid conflict. That way, pricing is transparent and everyone knows where they stand. If the contractor won’t provide a contract before the work begins, do not work with them.
- Above all, a professional plumber should do 3 things: have a license, be upfront about costs, and finish the job as soon as they can. If they don’t do this, stop working with them and find someone else.
To find out more, you can visit KL1 Plumber.